Start here, go anywhere.

Welcome to Total Furmanation. Start here first.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

all which isn't singing is mere talking

Today is mine and e e cummings' birthdays, hence the title. Today would be celebratory that I've managed to make it thus far in my life but I've work, meetings, errands and school all day. Fun, games, presents and cake shall have to be saved for another day.

Nah, scratch the presents part. Want to give me the best gift of all? A donation to Bike and Build in my name. (go here >> www.bikeandbuild.org/donate) It's eco-friendly (no wasteful wrapping paper), would make me very happy, and would make people all across the country happy for helping to support affordable housing construction. You can do something to help end poverty with a gift like this. Donate $1, donate $10.14, donate $24, donate $4000.

It's corny what they say about every penny counting, but it's true. Think how cheap a nail is. Just around a penny each. You can afford a nail, right? Now think about how that nail is going to help hold together a warm, safe, comfortable house for someone who may have never lived in anything but substandard housing. You don't have to do this for me. Do it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment