First off is the nutrition. This may only be a sprint triathlon, and I may have been a distance swimmer, but a 19 minute 1650 (I swam DIII for a reason, okay?!) as my longest race is now seeming nice and short next to what might be up to a two hour long race for me. After consulting Amy, this is how it is going to go:
- Clif bar and/or Larabar for breakfast and some fruit (banana?) and soymilk
- 1 gel, post-swim
- Drink a 1:1 mixture of Gatorade and water during bike
- Eat Gu Chomps during bike
- Depending on how feel, 1 gel before run
- Drink water at the run aid station
Post-race? Something tasty and hopefully not sweet! I'm reading this over and it's all sugar, sugar, sugar.